In addition to a varied Music curriculum, WASHK offers all pupils the opportunity to learn a musical instrument in individual (one-on-one) or group (one-on-two) 35-minute lessons a week. Our team of visiting specialists are highly qualified and experienced in their particular field and can guide pupils learning from complete beginners to advanced levels. The majority of lessons, as is the case in almost all English schools, take place on a rotational basis whereby pupils will come out of part of a different subject class each week. The programme aims to guide pupils to achieve their musical potential in their familiar and supported learning environment.
To enrol in the Programme, please read and fill out the application form and return it together with the cheque payment or bank transfer record to the Head of Music, Mr. Joseph Kim (email@example.com).
We currently offer specialist tuition in the following:
IMP Instrument Rental Service
WASHK offers instrument rental service to encourage pupils to explore and learn new instruments. Instruments currently available for the service include the violin, viola, cello, saxophone, and guitar. Piano and drums are available for use during lessons and practice on campus. Intermediate to advanced IMP pupils are encouraged to acquire their own instrument to further advance their techniques and relationship with the instrument. Although the service is free of charge, the numbers of instruments are limited and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis for each term. To apply, pupils should indicate the instrument of their choice on the IMP application form. Before the start of each term, pupils will receive a notice regarding the success of their application, based on availability of the instrument requested.
Please read the following terms and conditions below before applying for the service:
Terms and Conditions:
1. Rental instruments will be assigned on a first come, first served basis before the start of each term.
2. Enrolled pupils are entitled to rent the assigned instrument for one term and may re-apply before the start of the following term.
3. The service is available for all IMP pupils for up to three consecutive terms.
4. A label with the pupil’s name and class must be kept on the instrument and/or the instrument case at all times.
5. Pupils are encouraged to bring instruments home for practice and shall return to the Head of Music following the last lesson of the term.
6. Rental instruments must be handled with care and stored safely when not in use.
7. Assigned instrument should be in good condition at the time of return. Minor wear and tear are acceptable, but parents/guardians are liable for any damage or loss.