In addition to a varied Music curriculum, WASHK offers all pupils the opportunity to learn a musical instrument in individual (1-on-1) or group (1-on-2) tuitions. Our team of peripatetic instrument instructors can guide pupil’s learning from complete beginner to advanced levels. The majority of lessons, as is the case in almost all English schools, take place on a rotational basis whereby pupils will come out of part of a different subject class each week.
To enrol in the Programme, please read and fill out the enrolment form and submit together with the payment directly to Pure Orchestral Centre on or before Sunday, 29 August 2021. Late additions will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis where possible. For further information, please contact Mr. Joseph Kim or Mr. Ringo Chan.
We offer tuition on the following instruments:
|Piano (one-on-one only) |
Drums (one-on-one only)
WASHK offers Instrument Rental Scheme to encourage pupils to explore learning new instruments. Instruments currently available for the service include the violin, viola, cello, saxophone, ukulele and guitar. Intermediate to advanced IMP pupils are encouraged to acquire their own instrument to further advance their techniques and relationship with the instrument. Although the service is free of charge, the numbers of instruments are limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis for each term. To apply for the service, pupils should read and fill out the application form before the start of each term. Successful pupils will receive a notice based on availability of the instrument requested. Please read the terms and conditions below before applying for the service:
1. Rental instruments will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis before the start of each term.
2. Enrolled pupils should re-apply for the service before the start of the following term.
3. All pupils enrolled in IMP may apply for the service, but for no more than three consecutive terms.
4. At all times, a label with the pupil’s name and class must be kept on the instrument case.
5. All instruments must be returned to the Head of Music following the last lesson of the year.
6. Rental instruments must be handled with care and stored safely when not in use.
7. Assigned instrument should be in good condition at the time of return. Parents/guardians are liable for any damage or loss.
IMP pupils are recommended to enrol for Young Audience Scheme to enjoy various perks and benefits with the HK Phil including free concerts and activities. Pupils are able to apply online or fill out the application form and submit to Mr. Kim together with the payment on or before August 31st. Enrolled pupils should inform Mr. Kim with their membership details to be invited in school organised trips in future. For more details, please visit the webpage https://www.hkphil.org/members/young-audience-scheme.
“Organised by the HK Phil and sponsored by The Tung Foundation, YAS is a music education and audience development programme in its 25th year, targeting local full-time students aged from 6 to 25. Whether you are studying or performing music, or simply love the fine music of an orchestra, this scheme offers you a comprehensive learning experience. We sincerely hope this scheme could be the beginning of your wonderful music journey. We wish you will benefit tremendously from this scheme and embrace the joy of music with the HK Phil.”