Step 1: Submit Online Application
To apply for entry to Wycombe Abbey School Hong Kong, you will need to complete an online Application Form and upload the required documents and photos. If you do not have all of the required supporting documents on hand, please submit the required documents to the best of your ability, and you can submit any missing documents subsequently.
Step 2: Provide Supporting Documents
A completed application includes:
1. A completed application form
2. A digital photograph of the applicant
3. A copy of the applicant’s passport (ID Pages only)
4. Copies of both parent’s passports (ID Pages only)
5. Previous two years of applicant’s school reports (if applicable)
6. Copies of all specialist reports or assessments (if applicable)
7. Student reference form to be filled in and returned by a previous teacher (if applicable)
Step 3: Assessment Appointment
Once we have received your application, the Admissions team will arrange to invite you and your child for a Student Assessment Appointment. Age-appropriate assessments are conducted in English by our teaching staff and the results are then reviewed by our Headmaster.
Format of Assessment
We assess each child’s learning potential, including his or her English language ability, reading/writing comprehension, mathematics and problem-solving skills, cognitive skills, and social skills.
Method of Assessment
1. Year 1 and Year 2 applicants are assessed in a group setting for their abilities in numeracy, cognitive, interpersonal and social skills. Children are also assessed for their understanding and use of English.
2. Applicants applying for Year 3 to Year 8 undergo a written and online assessment covering English, Mathematics and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
Applications for entry are open for Year 1 – Year 8.
Mid term entry and transfer is offered based on availability.
We are continuously reviewing all the new applications received on an ongoing basis. All children will receive an invitation for assessment within two weeks of submitting their application.
Results and Enrolment
For 2021-2022 Academic Year
If an applicant fulfills the admissions and assessments requirements and a place is available, a formal offer will be made within THREE working days. To accept the offer of a place, parents need to confirm the enrolment online via the admissions system, and/or confirm the enrolment with the Admissions Office.
When a place has been offered, the School expects prospective parents to confirm their intention within FIVE business days. Otherwise, the place will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list.
For 2022-2023 Academic Year and Beyond
If an applicant fulfills the admission and assessment requirements and a place is available, a formal offer will be made. To accept the offer of a place, parents need to confirm the enrolment online via the admissions system within the specified time in the offer letter.